Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quick and Dirty Airbrushing Terrain


Sorry again for the quality of these shots. It was late at night and I was high on paint fumes...



My main sparring partner and I are determined to finish painting terrain we started years ago. So our weekly game night is now going to be a weekly painting night for the next few weeks until we’re done.

Here’s some progress shots, about 2/3rds done painting. At this point everything is fully airbrushed (no hand painting yet) with 5 different colors over the course of 3 hours. Next week Drybrushing, Hand Details and some OSL optics will come into play.














Secret Weapon Miniature Washes Tutorial Video

Here’s a great tutorial video from Almost Perftec about how to use SWM washes only to paint a figure up to a high tabletop standard. The soundtrack features a few of my songs from my IX project.




15 comments:

  1. Sweeeeeeeeeet. That's all looking fantastic, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Most of it is Quantum Gothic stuff, my wife bought me a ton of terrain a few years ago. However, Quantum Gothic's shop is temporarily closed right now so who know when they will reopen and I can expand my pieces?

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for the tunes and the link! That terrain looks great - stop it. Now you are making me remember all the work that went into mine - which I am about to sell... cue nostalgic tears in 3, 2...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Zab, Sorry it took a week to get it up!

      Delete
    2. No worrries - hell, it took me two weeks to get familiar with Adobe premier again while i cut it. I have no idea how les & buy painted and everyone else gets them up there with such frequency.

      Delete
  3. It just goes to show that one could run terrain with just that amount of paint and it looks great. Obviously you wouldn't but I think if people weren't always put off by the perceived 'enormity' of painting terrain and followed your lead we'd see a lot more cooler looking battle reports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, and I agree with you 100%!

      I'm so tired of seeing only poorly painted terrain everywhere.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work!! I just finished working on some Quantum Gothic terrain myself making an Adeptus Arbites Precinct and I must say how much I'm in love with these models. Too bad they seem that they are out of business now ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I love Quantum Gothic. I wish they would reopen the store soon. I don't think they are fully out of business, just restructuring hopefully.

      Delete
  5. Awesome, awesome work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. vallejo model air - what colours are youn using?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look awesome, I was going to ask where it came from but I see that it has been answered already. I'll look forward to seeing more of your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete