Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sons of Horus, Maloghurst The Twisted WIP





Twisted of Mind and Body...



Maloghurst has always been a fan fav character for me since the original Horus Heresy Art Books came out. He was Horus’ equerry, basically an evil Malcador type character. Here’s his Wiki page

In the Dan Abnett he is described as having a broken bent spine deformed by a crash landing, which prevents him from wearing power armor. However, in all the art books and in the Forgeworld Rules he’s in power armor standing upright. My only assumption is that he got more spine surgeries as the heresy went on.


The inspirational artwork I had to go on.








My rendition using an assortment of both Forgeworld and Games workshop bits.






8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning build, man! Can't wait to see him painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great rendition of the artwork. Not slavishly adherent, but hitting all the right points : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the Forgeworld character sculpts are not exactly identical so I felt I had a little wiggle room with the detail. Heh

      Delete
    2. Any time I see a conversion based on art, I always prefer to see it being the modeler's take on it, rather than a carbon copy. Much like Jackson's Lord of the Rings, or HBO's Game of Thrones aren't carbon copies of the books, but refreshed tales of their own.

      Delete
  3. Works fantastically!

    Can't wait to see him painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this conversion! How did you make the banner topper with the eye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the brass etched Eye of Horus Shapes from the brass etched sheet FW sells. I glued it onto a piece of sheet plastic and trimmed the edged, then glued one to the back side.

      Delete