Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Armorcast Cinematic Effects Contest Results



A few months ago I posted that I was entering 3 Dark Eldar Units into Armorcast's Cinematic Effects Contest… And I am very excited to say all 3 units placed in different categories!




First off, please go check out this page to see all the awesome entries and winners HERE

Secondly, I want to send a big shout-out to GinFritter and his team at Armorcast for hosting this contest! It was great fun and I'm looking forward to next years!


Here's my entries into the contest.


3rd Place Unit Category - Dark Eldar Reaver Jet Bike Unit



For this Dark Eldar Jet Bike Unit, I wanted to add an extra sense of speed. I used the Medium Laser Muzzle Flash pieces as jet engine effects instead of a weapon effect. The glows on the Cinematic effects pieces were achieved by airbrushing various shades of light blue and white mixed to achieve an OSL effect.

More images of these models can be seen HERE







1st Place Vehicle Category - Dark Eldar Razorwing Jet Fighter


For this Dark Eldar jet I wanted to add an extra sense of speed and power. I used the Heavy Laser Muzzle flash as a Jet Engine effect instead of a weapon effect. The glows on the Cinematic effects pieces were achieved by airbrushing various shades of light blue and white mixed to achieve an OSL effect.

More images of this Razorwing and her sister ship can be seen HERE
A tutorial on how I painted the models can be seen HERE






BEST IN SHOW - Dark Eldar Mandrakes Proxie Unit




For this Dark Eldar Mandrake Proxie Unit I wanted to convey the sense of disembodies spirits trapped inside uniforms. They were Eldar Occultists that experimented a bit too heavily with the Dark Arts. Spellcasters that have been disfigured by a misfortunate magical accident and are now stuck in some sort of limbo serving as assassins that emerge from the shadows. I used the armorcast Medium Plasma Blasts bits as the Baleblasts from 2 of the Mandrakes hands. I glued a skull to the front of the blast and used Greenstuff to blend it in.

More images of these models can be seen HERE and HERE



Now the real question is what awesomeness will I get with my prize winnings over at Armorcast.com?


4 comments: