Monday, March 14, 2011

The Voidraven is Painted!




This was my first attempt at Airbrushing in terms of miniatures (I've used them before for Art School projects). I laid down a 3 shade blue to black gradient across the model with the airbrush, then hand painted the blue highlights. All My airbrushing was done with Vallejo Air colors.



The Pilot was a 3 shade green to black gradient laid down with the airbrush as well.

The Tribal areas were hand painted first in Mechrite red, then followed by Warlock purple. I wanted to add some battle paint chipping on the front of the Voidraven to look as if it's been flying into things and slicing and dicing for awhile.

The base was made with Scibor Statue ruins, resin skulls, a GW dead Space Marine and a lot of leaf litter.

WIP pics can be found HERE
















15 comments:

  1. Awesome work across the board...great model, great airbrush, great brush work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! The red and blue are very striking against one another and really make it pop. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job dude, really like the free hand designs you have painted on the wings they finish the model off nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stuff man you always do great work. I really like how the base turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments everyone!

    Mihalis.... Maybe you should go get a tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a dam nice Void Raven there buddy, the best that i've seen so far! Might have to save a picture or two for reference.....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and where did you get hold of the Batwing model? Tried to search for one on the net, but cant seem to find it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks GunGrave. I just sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work! I especially love the tribal markings you added to the wings, and the cockpit looks amazing. Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again, I am blown away by your work. This went from being the one thing I was skeptical about to being my favorite peice of yours yet. The weathering is just right, the freehand is perfect and the base is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for the compliments everyone.

    @Old School, I'm glad I was able turn dissuade your hesitations about the model :)

    I painted the base for the Voidraven at the same time that I painted all the flying bases for my entire DE army. So I have a ton more bases just like that being posted soon. Bases for Raiders, Ravagers, Hellion and Reavers. It's going to be sick when they are all displayed together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on a model you don't see much... At least not yet...

    ReplyDelete